APPLY NOW: Ghana Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) Application 2023/2024
The application for the Ghana Students Loan Trust Fund for the academic year 2023/2024 is now officially open. Those who are interested can find the complete application requirements and other pertinent details.
In December 2005, the Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) was established under the Trustee Incorporation Act 1962, Act 820, with the primary objectives of providing financial resources for the effective management of the Trust Fund for the benefit of students, and promoting and facilitating the national ideals enshrined in Article 28 and 38 of the 1992 Constitution.
The SLTF is governed by a Board of Trustees consisting of distinguished individuals with relevant backgrounds to the business of the organization, appointed by the President of the Republic. The day-to-day administration of the SLTF is headed by a CEO and a team of dedicated professionals, with Campus offices located in major institutions.
Requirements for Qualifying for Students Loan Trust Fund.
In order to qualify for a student loan from SLTF, prospective applicants must ensure that their institution and program meet the eligibility requirements. The following criteria must be considered:
- You must be a Ghanaian citizen.
- You must have been offered admission to study in an accredited tertiary program in Ghana.
- You must be pursuing a tertiary program such as a diploma or first degree.
- You must have a valid Social Security Number (SSN), a mobile phone number, and an email address.
- You must have a guarantor.
- You must have an e-zwich account.
- The loan granted from the Fund can be used to cover personal expenses such as fees, boarding, lodging, books, equipment, and other necessary expenses related to your course of studies.
Requirements for Applying to Ghana Students Loan Trust Fund
To apply for a loan from Ghana Students Loan Trust Fund, the applicant must provide the following information and documents. Without these, the application will not be successful:
- Telephone numbers for both the applicant and guarantor.
- An E-zwich account linked to the applicant’s bank account at the same bank.
- A Social Security Number.
- Proof of registration as a student at the school.
- One personal guarantor must be either an SSNIT contributor, MMDA, Religious Body, or Corporate Body. Please refer to the guarantor requirements for details.
- Two passport-size photographs.
Requirements for a Guarantor for Students Loan Trust Fund
Guarantors and Guarantees for Students Loan Trust Fund.
One of the following guarantors (SSNIT contributor, Recognized Religious Body, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assembly, or Corporate body) must guarantee your loan application.
To serve as a guarantor for the loan, the SNNIT Contributor must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be an active contributor to the SSNIT pension scheme
- Have contributed to the SSNIT scheme for a minimum of 36 months or 3 years
- Be under the age of 53
- Have not guaranteed for more than one person previously (except parents, who may guarantee for all their children).
Organization of faith (Religious Body)
To serve as a guarantor, you must be a member of a nationally recognized religious organization. Additionally, the institution must provide evidence of its decision to guarantee a resolution.
Local government authorities comprise Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Assemblies (MMDAs).
For the MMDAs to act as guarantors for student loans, there must be documentation of a resolution indicating two authorized signatories, including the Chief Executive.
Business entities or companies.
- To provide a guarantee, the company needs to fulfill either of these conditions: be a member of Ghana club 100 or be listed on the Ghana Stock
- have a board resolution authorizing the guarantee.
- The guarantee requires the signatures of two individuals who hold senior management positions at the company.
Method of repayment
The following are the available modes of loan repayment:
- Automatic deductions from the beneficiary’s salary by their employer on a periodic basis.
- Direct periodic payments made by beneficiaries who are not employed by any organization (such as sole proprietors or self-employed individuals) to the SLTF.
- Full payment of the loan amount plus interest due in one lump sum.
To initiate your application, please click on the “Apply Now” link or use the link provided below.
Now let’s focus on how to Apply for the Student Loan Trust Fund
How do I apply for a student Trust loan?
There are two methods or ways to apply for the Student Loan Trust Fund and we will do our possible best to cover them all.
Manual Application for Student Trust Loan
Firstly; Applying for the loan manually involves obtaining the loan application form from your university’s Local NUGS office. After obtaining the form, you will need to complete it by providing all necessary details and attaching passport-sized photographs.
Finally, you will need to submit the completed loan application form to either your school’s Local NUGS President or any nearby Student Loan Trust Fund office.
Online Application for student Trust Loans
To apply for the student trust loan online,
- you need to visit the SLTF online application portal by following this link.
- Once you’re on the portal, you will need to register for a new account.
- Creating a new account is a straightforward process that requires you to provide an email address, social security number (SSN), mobile phone number, and a secure password.
- Simply follow the step-by-step instructions on the account registration page to complete your application.
Click here to Apply NOW
After submitting your application, when can you expect to receive the loan?
If you have successfully applied for the STFL, you can expect the loan amount to be credited to your account within approximately two weeks. However, this is subject to the condition that the loan application form has been filled out accurately and all necessary supporting documents have been attached.
To expedite loan processing, the Operations department has implemented a streamlined loan processing system that ensures students receive their loans in a timely manner.
Here is the Contact Information for the Student Loan Trust Fund
Location: Hse # 47,3rd Crescent, Asylum Down – Accra
Phone : +233(0)302231886
Fax : +233(0)302231873