7 New NGO scholarships available in Ghana and Requirement
Are you seeking NGO scholarships in Ghana from inside or outside of Ghana? We are available to you. You may find a list of several NGO scholarships in Ghana in this post.
A non-governmental organization can help students financially by offering them an NGO scholarship. Instead of the Ghanaian government, private groups provide these scholarships.
Even though it’s hard to find NGO scholarships in Ghana, a few of them still provide money to the nation’s smartest but neediest students. Students who want to study but cannot afford the costs of tuition, housing, and other study supplies are offered NGO scholarships.
Important advantages of NGO scholarships in Ghana
NGO scholarships enable talented but financially strapped students to continue their studies without having to worry about costs.
- Financial Assistance: NGO scholarships provide financial assistance to students who may not have the means to pay for their education. This support allows them to focus on their studies without worrying about tuition fees.
- Increased Access to Education: NGO scholarships help improve access to education, particularly for disadvantaged students who may have been unable to pursue their studies due to financial limitations.
- Skill Development: NGO scholarships often offer additional benefits such as mentoring, training, and internship opportunities, which help students acquire the critical skills required for success in the workforce.
- Supportive Community: NGO scholarships often involve a supportive community of individuals with similar goals and values. This network provides a sense of belonging and encouragement for the students.
- Career Advancement: NGO scholarships can provide opportunities for students to advance their careers through specialized training and internships. This helps them gain valuable experience and enhance their employability.
Here is a list of NGO scholarships in Ghana for underprivileged students
1. Vodafone Ghana Foundation Scholarship scheme
The Ghanaian telecom network provides scholarships under the VGFSS program. The grant is available to deserving students with academic excellence.
Any students from Ghana enrolled in authorized public tertiary institutions nationwide are eligible for the scholarship.
- must be a citizen of Ghana
- The application must provide evidence of financial hardship.
- have been accepted to study at any Ghanaian public university
- The Applicant must be a smart person.
How to apply for the Vodafone Ghana Foundation Scheme
Applying for the Vodafone Ghana foundation scheme is very much easy to go by, kindly click on the link below to fill in the forms with the necessary requirement.
Click here to apply: Vodafone Ghana Foundation scholarship scheme
2. David Oyedepo Scholarship Foundation
This Scholarship is given to deserving students who are citizens or permanent residents of an African nation. Students studying for master’s, undergraduate, and secondary degrees are eligible for this type of scholarship.
- The candidate must be an African national and permanent resident.
- He or she must also be skilled in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application
- Applicant must have a track record of excelling in the classroom during their secondary school years
How to Apply for the David Oyedepo Scholarship Foundation
- To apply for the David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship, please carefully read the application instructions and complete the online application process at https://portal.davidoyedepofoundation.org/.
- It is essential that all required documents listed on the webpage are submitted along with the application form.
- All essays and required submissions must be completed by the applicant, as no third party is expected to write essays on behalf of applicants under any circumstance.
- Please note that each applicant must be available for online interviews which will be scheduled upon the completion of the application.
- Proof of admission to Landmark University is only required at the point of award.
- Therefore, applications can be submitted before the receipt of admission letters.
3. MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarship
The scholarship is provided to Ghanaian students who excel but are in need. All new and continuing students in Ghana’s public tertiary institutions are eligible for this Scholarship.
To qualify for the MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of Ghana
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and possess an outstanding academic track record
- Provide a one-page motivation letter that explains why they should be considered for the scholarship and why the MTN Foundation should award it to them.
How to Apply for the MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarship
- To apply for the MTN Scholarship, you have a few options. Firstly, you can visit scholarships.mtn.com.gh to apply online or download the application form.
- Alternatively, you can visit one of our selected MTN Service Centers or regional offices, including Tamale Branch, Wa Branch, Bolgatanga Branch, Kumasi (Nhyaeso branch), Takoradi Main-Beach Road, Ho Main Branch, MTN House Accra, Cape Coast Branch, Sunyani Main Branch, or Koforidua Main Branch, to pick up and submit the forms.
- Make sure to include the following documents with your application: a one-page letter of motivation explaining why the MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship, including your educational and professional goals; your WASSCE results, admission letter, and written testimonials from your Senior High School; and evidence of your Ghanaian citizenship.
Click Here to Apply: MTN Ghana foundation scholarship
4. Kingdom Books and Bursary Scheme.
The scholarship is open to academically gifted but financially challenged students at KNUST in Ghana. It is available to fifty eligible students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Ghanaian resident
- Not currently receive any financial assistance or scholarships
- Be a second to fourth-year full-time student with at least a second-class grade point average at the time of application.
The application process for the Kingdom Books & Bursary Scheme 2023 is currently open. follow these steps to start the process
To access the scholarship application form, please visit the official website at https://www.knust.edu.gh, click on the relevant link, and download the application form.
Please complete all the required fields in the application form and attach any necessary documents. Then, send the completed form and attachments by postal mail to the following address.
Students’ Financial Office, Registrar’s office,
Main Administration Block, Room 110
The deadline for registration for the KNUST Kingdom Books & Bursary Scheme 2023 has been announced by The Kingdom Books and Stationery Ghana Limited as January 2023. Those interested in applying can access the full details of the program by visiting its official portal http://www.kingdomgh.com.
Click here to Apply: Kingdom Books and Bursary Scheme
5. Catholic University of the Sacred Heart Africa Scholars Program
This scholarship is aimed at academically gifted but financially challenged students from Africa who are interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree program.
The foundation of the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart is rooted in the mission to support students in their academic pursuits, irrespective of financial barriers. Therefore, in line with this vision, the Africa Scholars Program will be made available to students hailing from all African nations for the upcoming academic year, 2023-2024.
Administered by the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, the scholarship program is open to students from every African nation who intend to commence a two-year postgraduate degree program taught in English in Italy. The scholarship award is provided as a credit towards the tuition fees of the selected program, with a value of €850 per month.
program’s background of the Scholarship you have to know.
- The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart does not specify any department for this opportunity.
- The scholarship is available for postgraduate-level courses and covers school expenses, including internet access.
- The award is open to applicants from any African nation, and there is no limit on the number of awards offered.
- Applicants may choose to pursue their studies in Italian.
To be eligible for the Cattolica Africa Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be of African nationality
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution.
Click here to Apply on the official portal: CLICK HERE.
6. Africa Initiative for Governance Scholarship at the University of Oxford
In 2017, the AIG Scholarships were introduced with the aim of providing an exclusive chance for exceptional West Africans, who are interested in pursuing a career in public service, to enroll in a Master of Public Policy program at the University of Oxford’s Blavatnik School of Government.
Over the years, twenty-nine scholarships, valued at over £50,000 each, have been granted to prospective public sector leaders who have exhibited an ardent interest in the field.
During their time as AIG Scholars, students spend a year at one of the world’s leading universities, acquiring knowledge from distinguished academic faculty and accomplished practitioners, while also engaging with other aspiring public sector leaders from different parts of the globe. Upon finishing their studies, the scholars return to their home countries, utilizing their newly acquired knowledge to strengthen policymaking, facilitate reforms, and contribute to the advancement of their nations.
- Be an African currently employed in the public sector
- Must be between the ages of 25 and 45.
- Applicant must have a minimum of seven (7) years of work experience
- Applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least a second-class upper qualification.
Click here to Apply on the official portal: Click here to apply.
7. Timothy Ansah Memorial Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to assist academically gifted but financially challenged students from the Western Region of Ghana in pursuing their university education at KNUST.
The Timothy Ansah Memorial Foundation is providing scholarships to undergraduate Ghanaian students to assist with their educational expenses.
The scholarship is available for the 2023 academic year and is open to candidates who excel in their academic studies and meet the eligibility criteria.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to review the eligibility requirements before submitting their applications and to stay updated on the deadline for submission.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the closing date, as the scholarship does not have a set deadline.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a resident of Ghana
- Be a second, third, or fourth-year undergraduate student
- Not currently receiving any form of financial assistance or scholarship at the time of application.
Listed below are the required supporting documents that must be presented.
- Admission letter
- Acceptance letter
- WASSCE Certificate
- High School Transcripts
- Recommendation letters
Instructions on how to Apply for Timothy Ansah Memorial Foundation Scholarships 2023 at KNUST
To apply for the Timothy Ansah Memorial Foundation Scholarships 2023 for KNUST, follow these steps carefully:
- make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Then, download the application form from the official website at https://www.knust.edu.gh and fill out all the required fields.
- Next, attach all the necessary documents as indicated on the form, and place the completed application form and documents in an envelope. Make sure to label the envelope clearly with the required information.
- Finally, send the application package by post to the designated contact address before the deadline.
- Remember to review the application instructions carefully to ensure that you submit your application correctly and on time. Best of luck!
The Assistant Registrar
Students Financial services office
KNUST – Kumasi
It is important to note that many NGO scholarships in Ghana are provided by private institutions like the MTN Ghana Foundation. However, since most NGOs are non-profit organizations, they may have limited funding opportunities available for students. These organizations rely heavily on donations and charitable contributions from individuals to support their programs and initiatives.